View Single Post
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Jan-09-05, 21:04
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

OK, Time to jump in. I am a person who has reached their goal following Atkins. I have never paid attention to calories, only the carb count. And the few time I did seem to slow down losing, I would track my fat count. Making sure it was high enough. Counting calories is just to much of a pain to me. It took my 9 months to lose 60 pounds, and I have kept it off for almost a year and a half now. Following Atkins the whole time. I did not start going to the gym till after I reached goal.

So here is where I guess I agree with you. Calories do matter, Atkins never said they didn't. That is why he stresses eating till satified. There are many people on these boards who will tell you that they also have to watch there calorie intake alone with carbs to lose weight.

And because calories do matter, that is why I go to the gym now, so I can eat more and maintain. But let me tell you this, following Atkins, I can eat much more than I have been able to eat the past and lose weight!!! And for that I will be forever grateful to Dr. Atkins.