View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jan-09-05, 15:28
Registered Member

Plan: dr ellis
Stats: 155/140/140 Male 5 8
BF:
Progress:

In his 1972 book here are the quotes go buy the book and read it or if you have it read it again.
Page 10: "You can eat as much as you want, as often as you want
Page 15: "You're never hungry, you can eat without limit solid 'fattening' food. On this diet, you're allowed to eat truly luxurious foods without limit."
Page 91: "So stop believing this calorie gospel. Start asking questions about that sacred cow--the calorie."
Page 93: " Yes, you can lose -- and lose a lot -- while overeating." Okay I'll give him that because overeating dosen't casue weight gain excess calories do.
Page 132: Chapter 12's title, "The Revolutionary Never-Hungry No-Limit Steak-And-Salad Diet" "It is true that gaining weight results from taking in more calories than you expend. But excess calories certainly cause you to pile on the pounds -- and this is a gigantic "but" -- only when you are eating a lot of carbohydrate along with fat. Read this carefully he says you can only gain weight eating like this"but" -- only when you are eating a lot of carbohydrate along with fat. I'm trying to stop this misinformation that people think they're losing weight following atkins. You can't lose weight following atkins' diet. Once again if you follow atkins diet well you look like atkins. You and everyone else who claim they're losing weight following atkins are simply following a low carb diet which has been around since humans evolved and you are eating less and burning more calories.

Also you the only people who need fiber are people who eat grains becasue grains clog the colon and the fiber acts like a sponge to sweep the grains through the colon. I dont belive we need fruits and veggies as I noticed no difference in health. We don't have the enzymes to digest fruits. Also I HAVE
been off carbs for 1 year my blodd pressure is beloow 115/75 my blood and cholestrol are perfect. I've never felt better