View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-09-05, 15:08
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

While I'm a newbie at this low carb eating thing, I'd have to say that I agree with what you've said.

The thing is though, I'm the type of person who is likely to overindulge when it comes to eating refined carbohydrates and sugar. For some reason, I seem to eat too much of this stuff when I do eat it.

So the trick for me is to eliminate that stuff from my diet first. This is an entirely new concept for me, but one thing I've noticed already is that by allowing myself to eat some higher fat items and not worrying too much about calories in these first few days - I've managed to stay at 20 grams of carbs.

I know that I'm going to be taking a good look at my calorie intake very soon, but in order to "stop the madness" so to speak, I'm just focusing on carb intake for the first week or so.

Furthermore, I've always felt extremely hungry and deprived on a more traditional low-calorie/low fat type of diet, resulting in screwing up the whole thing and going off the diet soon after starting it.

For me, the amazing thing about low-carb is that I can actually forsee myself being able to stick with the plan, because the types of foods I'm eating are more satisfying and I'm not experiencing that sugar rush/crash thing that happens when I eat too much sugar or refined carbohydrates.

Sharply curtailing my carb intake, for me, seems to be a way out of this mess, and I'm feeling pretty good about the fact that I've stuck to the 20 grams and that I'll most likely be able to stay on plan for quite some time.

Don't worry - I'll be reviewing calorie intake soon, AND I'll be eating very healthy carbs along the way.