Old Sun, Feb-24-02, 17:34
Registered Member

Plan: modified atksin
Stats: 309/290/135
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default thank you

hi mdxgirl36 here or kelly if you prefer

thanks so much for your words of inspiration. i am getting ready to start my 3rd go round with modified Atkins. I initially started last july and lost 17 pounds in about 3 1/2 weeks. then just stopped.

i started again on december 26 and lost about 9 pounds in 5 weeks but lost inches really quickly and then stopped again! i am certain this is the only time in my life i have not starved myself to lose weight and have a lot of energy but yet i sabotage myself after just a few weeks!

so i am starting again. i also know that reading and posting this site helped me sosooooo much so i have to continue to check in with the folks here daily! Please any help with specifc foods you tried to stay away from or things that helped would be greatly appreciated.

i don't have alot of time for recipes and food prep so i keep it very simple with bacon or sausage and eggs (whipped with a dollop of cream cheese/mushrooms) in the am. usually 1/2 a pork steak/steak/chicken breast and small salad for lunch and whole steak/pork/chicken breast for dinner with lots of veggies. i snack on hardboiled eggs and raw veggies. i tend to not have a big appetite any any one time (unless it is late evening when i am bored ) so i try to kind of graze on my lunch throughout the afternoon while i am working at my desk and don't eat dinner til close to 7:00. I have realized one thing that i have to give up and that is my diet coke!!! I drink a lot of water but drink two or three diet cokes a day for flavor and the burst of energy (imagined????not sure). I have also cut back on the cheese cause i wasn't sure if it was benefiting me or not so only use that as an occasional snack.

PLEASE GIVE ADVICE