#8   ^
Old Sun, Feb-24-02, 12:29
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Sarah,

It can be a great leap of faith to ignore popular low-faD dogma.

When I first read Protein Power, I immediately understood what was wrong with me. I was a carb junkie.

Because it made so much sense, I had no problem making the switch. I had been low-faD-ing for under a year, and couldn't understand why my cravings for carbs were still out of control. Wasn't low-faD supposed to "cure" me?

During that time I wanted to believe that low-faD was the answer, and was completely let down. My previous way of eating was high fat and high carb. I ate so many whole grains during the low-faD period that I could have turned into a cow! I couldn't see living like this for the rest of my life, and wondered how other people could hack it!

So, when I began low-carbing, I just dropped all the bad carbs and continued eating the way I always ate. What were those carbs anyway? Just a vehicle for flavour and the the stuff that fueled my addiction.

Look at it this way: Where did low-faD eating get you? Probably to a point where you felt that there was something wrong with you - that you were woefully inadequate in some way because it was supposed to work. It may have even made you feel weak-willed, guilty, and shameful. That is no way to live!

I'll jump off my soapbox now!

Here is a link to the history of the site: A bit of history about our site

Anyway, slowly but surely is the way to proceed. It's a great learning experience, and can be a life changing one if you're willing.

Karen