View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jan-07-05, 07:25

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%
Smile complaints and calf raises....

I'm not very sore either. I was hoping to feel something from the walking lunges, since I never do those. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel something more. What are "jelly legs?" I tell you, I've got to make peace with squats. I hate them more than anything.
Quote:
How do you get 235lbs for a seated calf? DH sit on your lap?
LOL-- No, although he'd probably like that . Here's what I do: On my squat rack, I lower the suicide bars down to the lowest setting, put the olympic bar (45 lbs) across them. I put the neck pad for squats on the bar to pad my knees-- pull the bench up to it, put a block of wood, about 18 inches long about 4 inches thick (not sure about those measurements) down to put my feet on. Load the bar with 190 more pounds, sit down, put the balls of my feet on the wood in the heels down position-- roll the bar up onto my knees and go to working it . I also figured out how to use my squat rack as a high chair for doing parallel dips. I think I already talked about that however . As you know, we have to get real creative when we don't have access to a fully equipt gym. If I could get one more piece of equipment, it would be a leg press-- because of my issues with squats. I know, squats and deadlifts are the King exercises for legs-- figures the hardest things would be the most beneficial. I must already be moving into PMS mode-- I'm feeling really irratable. I'll have to spend more time punching that bag today, that seems to really help. Sorry for the long post.