Twinkle Toes

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/280/150 Female 5 feet 1 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa
Hi Nikotyme,
I stay on induction the whole time to lose all the weight...I eat stricky meat and water and I drop weight like crazy...I've been on the Atkins for 10 days now and I've lost 12 pounds..it works for me, not necessarily everyone else...I take vitamins to get the fiber I need, and I'm fine.

Maybe it works for you Melissa, but I'd hardly call what you're doing, eating meat only and water, the Atkins way of eating. Vegetables and some fruit are also part of that diet and it seems to be working just fine for me, I've lost 100 lbs since March 13, 2004, following the diet as it is meant to be followed, with meat and the recommended vegetables and fruit, cheese, cream and butter as well as a daily multivitamin and flax seed oil capsules.

I reckon the old adage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" might apply here, the Atkins plan as it is defined in the books written by Dr. Atkins work just fine, so why change them to something else entirely and still call your way of eating Atkins, you're lying to yourself and others by saying that.