View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-23-02, 09:28

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Red face Little Anne's Progress at Dragon's

I joined Dragon's, a local health club, back in October. This was the first time I had done serious exercise after going to toning tables for the last 9 years. I had managed to get myself a swimming costume and on my holiday to Turkey went in a swimming pool for the first time in 20 years, so I came back determined to continue.

My swimming is improving slowly, but I spend more time at aquafit. Today, Saturday, I started the morning off with a very active aquafit class.

In the gym I started at the lowest levels possible. With regard to cardiovascular workouts I have worked up to 10 minutes on the rotex and am now beginning to increase the resistence level from 1. Similarly I have worked up to 5 minutes on the glidex. I also do 15 minutes on the treadmill at the end and am beginning to increase the gradient, but not the speed.
On the resistence training front I started with just free weights. 2 Kg dumbells to do upright rows, chess presses, bicep curls and ovewr head press. I now use a body pump bar and have increased the total weight to 7 kg for upright rowing and 9 Kg for the rest.
I also do a couple of other exercises on my abs and legs on the mat. I'm off to the gym tomorrow so I'll let you know how I get on.

Since January I have been doing body pump classes once a month which is really great. I am just beginning to increase the weights for several of the exercises. My body shape seems to have improved since I have been doing this.

I certainly feel exhausted at the end, about 80 minutes, and very red in the face.
Sponsored Links