View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-02, 22:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 335/221/185
BF:
Progress: 76%
Wink my two carbs worth

I would like to post my two carbs worth regarding the bars... I tried a shake or two and thought that the stuff tasted like baby formula... blek!

As for the bars.... I've tried Atkins, and Carb Solution, and like others who posted, they were ok, palatable... though IMHO had a weird kind of chemical aroma that just doesn't appeal to me... especially since I found Advant Edge bars... They are a bit cheaper than the other bars, but I think are far superior than the rest. They recently came out with a cookies and creme bar that is truly delicious, sweet, with a thin "candy" coating... I've given up on the rest now that I've found this brand. It seems to be easiest to find at Walmart, rarely at the local supermarkets, and occasionally at the local 7/11's.

I have not seen anyone else mentioning them, but they do seem to be disappearing from the shelves, and I know I'm not the only one buying them.... LOL

The flavors I've seen include Cookies and Creme (top notch), blueberry, lemon cheesecake, and apple cinnamon. They are all pretty tasty, the texture is a bit on the dry side, but I do find that they do satisfy both my sweet tooth and have been quite satisfactory when I'm in a hurry, as a meal replacement (OMIGOD! to hear me say that! It wasn't too long ago that calling 2 oz of ANYTHING a meal, is just too hard to believe!)

Good luck LC'ers

Rich