View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jan-04-05, 12:00

Plan: self-designed
Stats: 216/189/190 Male tad under 6'
BF:
Progress: 104%

If some of you recall, Aitkins recommended taking l-glutamine to overcome headaches and the urge too for sweet things. All that I can add is that his advice worked for me.

As we know, the main aspect of LC is ramping-down the carbs but the reduction should be accompanied by an increase in fat consumption of the saturated type. Other types of fat have harmful effects. Read Dr Raymond Peat's research articles. One lipid-researcher on a UK tv programme advised eating plenty of protein with lesser amounts of fat and negligible cabs should one be serious about losing weight. I have not attempted his advice. My diet is approximately 55% fat, and 44% protein, and hopefully, no more than 1% (less if I could avoid it) carbs. I have been on the current diet 3 months without any ill-effect and I am feeling fine and have energy. After losing about 14 lbs during the first couple of weeks my weight stabalised and currently I am about a stone overweight but as I feel so well I am not unhappy about this.