View Single Post
  #298   ^
Old Mon, Jan-03-05, 20:11

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 237/236/165 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 1%

I have many similar reasons as the rest of the posters here, we are all in the same boat!

Why I hate being Overweight:

-I want to be able to shop for clothes wherever I want and dress however I want. I hate being limited to the "plus" section where the clothing is generally horrid looking! And I want to be able to wear tank tops and skirts and shorts!

-Being fat has put a real damper on my sex life. My boyfriend says he loves me the way I am but I think our sex life would be better if I were more secure about the way I look.

-I want to be able to be able to wear a bathing suit!! I haven't even owned a bathing suit in years. And I live in Rhode Island, the beach is everywhere and I love to swim. But at my current weight I'm just too ashamed.

-I want my feet and knees to stop hurting, the 100 xtra pounds I'm carrying around are doing a real number on my lower body and I feel sore often.

-I used to be an avid horseman. I've ridden horses all my life but now my weight is getting in the way. I can't sit properly on the horse any longer because my legs are too big to wrap around it's barrel like they're supposed to and the extra weight affects my balance. Plus I can only ride horses big enough to be able to carry my weight comfortably and safely.

-And the #1 reason I hate being fat - I'm ashamed of myself. I want to feel proud and strong. I want to be one of those success stories I'm always reading about!!