View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-03-05, 09:19
Registered Member

Plan: Carb Addict
Stats: 130/130/115 Female 5.0
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy My first day to the gym was a failure...

well, here I am again. Haven't completed any of my goals, havent' stuck to any of my decisions. Have tried, LC, Atkins, low calories, etc..., as well as walking at the park, treadmill at home and doing my weights at home.

So on Xmas day I decided my gift would be a membership to the Gym. Nice new gym by my house, hugeeeeeeee. Well, on New Year's Eve I went for my orientation as I have never belonged to a gym so don't know the machines, etc. The trainer was very nice, showed me about 6 or 7 machines and had me work out on them (thighs & legs). Unfortunately trainer sessions are out of my reach at the moment so I'll have to learn on my own.

I anxiously went to bed last night as I knew I'd be getting up early this morning to work out my arms/back. I woke up at 5:00 AM, made me egg whites and 1/2 banana and headed to the gym. I was shocked to see how busy the gym was at 5:30!!! I walked in and immediately felt lost, intimidated and just wanted to run for the hills. Instead I walked a bit around trying to figure out what to do but ended up doing cardio as I couldn't even figure out what machine was for what. They all looked the same and I must admit I was too embarrassed to spend more than 10 seconds at a particular one as I didn't want everyone to notice how lost I was. I know, perhaps I should have asked someone. But everyone seemed to be in their own "zone", a lot of them with either a trainer or a buddy. I hated it! I hate even more how I feel now.

I"m not giving up, I will go back but I wish today would have been better. I'm at a loss right now, not sure what to do. I thought I had a plan, but I guess I don't.

My stats are: Female, 33 yo, 5'0", 134.5 lbs and 32% BF according the session with the trainer. He said I must do 3 days of weights followed by 20 minutes of cardio and 3 more days of cardio of a minimum of 20-30 minutes. Is this the right thing for me?

The trainer also said I needed to rest each muscle for a good 6 days. So that means if my routine is M,W,F, that every monday I would work the same muscle groups and so on...Should I do different body parts each of those 3 days or should I do a bit every time? I'm so confused. I've been reading all morning on this site and bodybuilding as well. I'm even more confused now. Some things conflict with what the trainer said in the session. I don't even know where to begin. Hope someone can help me. Sorry for the long post.
Sponsored Links