#9   ^
Old Sun, Jan-02-05, 22:02

Plan: Atkins - Modified OWL
Stats: 290/250/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 26%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrillbj
I too have gone back on induction with not success, so I quite. I thought there must be something wrong. I have thought about giving up the whole low carb diet but I don't and won't start eating sugar or starches again. I have low blood sugar problems.

I am stuck. Don't know what to do. I really do miss fruit. If I eat berries or melons it costs me a lot of carbs for the day.

Anyone have suggestions? I have started working out at the YMCA and have committed to doing that.
Sherrilll

This is my THIRD time doing Atkins - I lost MUCH slower this time then the first time I did it - the first round I lost 40lbs in HALF the time it has taken me this time BUT I have found that this time around is easier for me - I didn't have induction flu as bad as my first go round, the cravings are not as intense, etc.. I have added in more exercise and have managed to move the scale (maybe not at the speed I once could but it IS moving and since I am committed to this WOL forever I try not to rush it!)
If you really miss the fruit have a peice! Plums are VERY low carb - 3.3g net carbs in a small one (this is straight from the Atkins shopping guide) I have modified my induction around my personal preferences because the truth of the matter is - it makes it soooooo hard to stay on plan if you are walking around salivating for something you aren't allowing yourself to have. When I am craving chocolate really bad - I have a piece of LC choclate, when I am craving cake so bad I could scream, I bake a LC version of one, etc.. The funniest thing to me is that I crave fruit more then I crave any of the junk I used to eat in my pre-LC days and I was never a fruit eater then! So now - I have a plum just about everyday or every other day. I have found that the sweetness of it actually keeps the cravings for the junky stuff away and it satiates my cravings for fruit - for 3.3g net carbs - ya can't beat that! Even if you think you don't really care for plums - try em anyway! I never liked plums but now since I haven't had fruit in awhile I think they are absolutely deeeviiine!!!