#11   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 21:03
Registered Member

Plan: None right now
Stats: 150/144/130 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 30%
Post ER4YT

I've read that book a couple of times and the last one, "Live R4YT" and I don't think they are incompatible with Atkins. Are you a blood type A, by any chance? That's the group that has trouble digesting red meat but there are still other alternatives for you and supplements to take to counter the negative effect of the foods that have the "bad" lectins. I'm type O and I try to incorporate as much of that plan into the Atkins as I can. For instance, when I read that wheat and corn were not good for me, I remembered that every time I was on Atkins which is grain-free, the puffiness on my face would go away within 48 hours as well as heartburn and other symptoms, so even when I was not on Atkins, I decided to give grains up.

True, some of the advice seemed conflicting but even Dr. D'Adamo admits he doesn't have all the answer, some of his advice changed in his 2nd book. He's said that if one sticks to the plan about 80% of the time that's VERY good. There was a time in which I felt that everything I liked I wasn't supposed to eat and became depressed about it. Today, I've recovered my sanity and remembered that the key word about a HAPPY LIFE, in general, is BALANCE. If we had really eaten in a balanced way, we wouldn't be where we are today. So first we have to heal ourselves, which means a little sacrifice, later hopefully we can be a little more flexible.

Again, Ferdinand, your emphasis must be on restoring health. Adequate weight cannot really be attained unless the body is functioning properly. So, I would follow the ER4YTP as much as possible but that doesn't mean you have to live on carbs only, especially the BAD refined ones.