Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 09:28
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 340/304.5/299
BF:
Progress: 87%
Default You deserve to be healthy and happy

Dear goddess,
I just wanted to encourage you a little. So many people have said so many good things already but your post really touched my heart.
I feel your struggle. I have been battling with my weight for the last five years though I have been somewhat over weight all of my life. Only in the past five years have I been held back by my weight, my current weight of 315 is interfering with the quality of my life. I am not happy at this weight. When I started this WOE I was angry at myself for letting myself get to this point, and then I learned that I had a carb addiction (the Carbohydrate Addicts Diet) and It was not just about my lack of self control.

I had to apologize to my self for all of the horrible things that I had said to myself about getting fat. I was my own worst critic. Nobody was as cruel to me than me. All that to say that you need to forgive yourself for all the mean and cruel things you have said to yourself. Goddess, you deserve to be healthy and happy, but with all the bad things you have said to your self what you are really saying is that you don’t deserve to be healthy and happy. You have to change the way you talk to your self. You deserve to be healthy and happy. This process of losing weight is going to take a long time but in the meantime you need to be your own biggest supporter. You deserve to be healthy.

When you make a commitment to yourself that you are going to get healthy; then every single day before the first bite of food goes in you mouth remind yourself that you deserve to be healthy. Goddess you have to fight only yourself to lose weight. You have a challenging situation with finances and mobility, but you STILL deserve to be healthy! I wish you well; we all share your struggle and we all want you to be successful.

Please take some time for yourself each day before you take your first bite of food and tell yourself that you deserve to be healthy and happy. God bless you.
Cass