Registered Member

Plan: None right now
Stats: 150/144/130 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 30%
Arrow

Hi Ferdinand! I'd like to comment on something that you said:

"I always get sick when I try to diet...."

It appears your immune system is somewhat compromised and your going to the extreme of ZERO CARBS is being perceived by your body as STRESS. It is really impossible to lose weight when under stress as the adrenal hormones secreted will oppose weight loss.

Besides, when we are overweight we tend to look at it as simply an excess of pounds when the reality is that we are really not completely healthy. The longer we have been eating improperly the more damage we have done to our bodies and we need to look at our change of eating not as a "quick fix" but as a way to aid our body to HEAL the damage that years of incorrect eating have caused. My advice to you, as a nutrition "buff" and future student, is that you only eat foods as close to their natural state as possible, avoid processed, chemical-laden ones, stimulants, damaged fats (as in fried, packaged foods, margarine, etc.), drink plenty of purified water, and get yourself some good supplements as the ones suggested by Dr. Atkins in his book.

Insofar as exercise is concerned, you can start by walking a couple of blocks if that's all you can handle, it will actually benefit your heart, and gradually just add a bit more distance. When you have sufficient energy then you can move on to weight lifting, which you can start with very light weights and still benefit greatly from it without straining yourself.

And finally, NO, YOU'RE NOT DESTINED TO BE FAT, just be patient, you're not alone. I'm stuck right now myself, but I'm not quitting!

Best wishes,
Raquel