View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Dec-28-04, 02:20

Plan: My own
Stats: 292/170/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hi, Babe, thanks for the post. Actually, my Lady was a RN also, Certified Nurse Midwife, loved it, worked L&D, Nursery, Mother/Baby for 40 years. She trained in England, was always whisked to the front of the line because of it. When we married, she had this sweet little English brogue.

Christmas? Well, there wasn't much of it; neither Thanksgiving, Halloween, July 4th, Easter. A Naturpath and I share 4-6 hour shifts per day. I work 7:30a to 1:30p and 7:30p to 1:30a each day, haven't had a day off since 4-14, don't have much time for anything but to take care of my Lady. Good thing I enjoy this, huh?

And I watch her BM's pretty close. In fact, I've thought for some time that we all need more fat, good fat, than we're getting. I've been adding more fat and plenty fiber to her food and it's really paying off. In fact, I'm feeding her food, not the canned stuff; not into manufactured food. I learned that the cans contain maltodextrin, I think the sweetest sugar there is. It's what they gave her in Hospital, literally drove her Blood Sugar sky high, took a sample evry two hours or so, stuck her with Insulin day and night. Amazing what they'll do; even to their own.

Anyway, don't mean to sound bitter but this was the sweetest woman I've ever known and she just lived to serve the Doctor, assist the patient. And she never had GI troubles of any sort, doesn't today.

When I brought her home, Hospice began helping me, soon they were making demands on me aboutr her diet so I went to the USDA Nutrient Values and I charted every element I feed her. Her meals use over 40 elements for each meal. I prepare 6 meals at a time twice per week and she fasts one day per week presently. If you'll furnish an e-mail address here or to obie~ozarkisp.net, I'll send a copy of her Food Plan, her Daily chart, other documents I'm using for her care for you to see.

And I'm under the impression that I should be careful about adding too much Protein. For example, today she got 48 grams of Protein and my Daughter mentioned that an active adult woman needs about 46 or 47, I think she said. So, yes, I'm going to have a time of it trying to get more calories without adding too much of something else. I only hope the repair I'm atttempting on her Pancreas will kick in at about the time her weight gets down further and that we'll have that help also. And she's loosing weight, too. She was 292 when she went in Hospital, and she about 170 now. And I'm starting to check off sort of the things that were wrong with her; such a good feeling.

Well, sorry, didn't mean to write a book. Let me pass it back to you and I'd like to answer Duparc's latest post. Regards, Obie.