View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 11:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 364/320/280
BF:
Progress: 52%
Unhappy LCing with a cold.

Well, it was bound to happen. Alsmost 6 weeks LCing and I finally got a cold. Now that I am laying off stuff like cough syrup and cough drops, I am not quite sure how to handle this, so I have a few questions that I am hoping you guys can answer, as well as a few comments of my own.

Is there such a thing as low carb cough drops? I know they make some sugar free stuff, but I can't find any nutritional information on any of the cough drops I have seen, and sugar free doesn't always mean carb free.

Normally when I got a cold, I would take nyquil or something equivalent to help me sleep. But now I am trying to stay away from syrups. Since I thought alchohol might help me sleep, I downed 6 oucnces of gin (neat) with about 800 mg of ibuprofin in 15 minutes (I am a big guy, I can handle it), and I actually slept pretty good.

Before LCing, I didn't get a cold for about a year and a half. I was begining to think that I was "unbreakable." Everyone around me would be hacking away and I would be fine. Even when my wife would get sick, I didn't even get as much as a sniffle. I was wondering if LCing does something to decrease your immunity? Maybe losing weight in general lowers your immunity somewhat? Anyone have info/experience on this?
Sponsored Links