#3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 09:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Well there you are...

Goddess! Welcome back...

I was aware that I hadn't seen any posts from you in a while and was wondering about your progress. I'm sorry to hear that it's been so tough for you lately.

I know this is not the most important issue in your post, but I'll address the frozen food blocks first... It's great that you're buying in bulk and that you freeze serving size portions. I do that too and it's smart. I also know that it's a bit of a hassle to do after you get home from shopping which can be physically taxing. But it must be done. At first I found it was easier to do this while seated rather than standing at the kitchen counter. Much less fatiguing this way. I'm happy to report that my back no longer aches, so I'm a demon in the kitchen!

I know that money is an issue for you, so I hope you won't consider the frozen food blocks wasted. What you have to do is cook it all and reheat leftovers for a while. Steak reheats nicely with eggs in the morning, and keilbasa does too. Both are fine served cold in a salad as well. This might not be the way you had invisioned eating your provisions, but they need not go to waste. You'll feel a sense of accomplishment if you deal with this and eat that food! And accomplishments lead to more accomplishments and more control...

I know how upsetting the scale can be too. I had to hold on to the wall when my scale read 426.5. I wanted to hide...seriously. But I decided instead to buck up and accept responsibility for myself. I openly admitted my weight here on this board and to my doctor. Today I'm within kissing distance of dipping below the 400 mark and hitting my first mini goal by March 1st. I feel empowered. I know you can do it too.

It sounds like you have many pressures and stresses in your life. Money, health, family...but you need to try to place taking care of yourself first. It's not selfish to do so. And a simplistic as it sounds, try to find a substitute for eating when you feel emotional or depressed. If you could just channel that energy into something else, you might find the strength you need to get back on this WOE and on the road to recovery again!

Keep posting! You have support here!

Donald