View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 05:30

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 143/131/121
BF:
Progress: 55%

Hi, Daschnook,

I stopped using scales as a measure of my success. My weight was fluctuating a lot and that didn't make me happy.

In fact on the scale I put on 2kg (about 4.4 lbs). It put me off big time. But last weekend I had my assessment with a trainer at my gym. I booked 3hours, and did 2 hrs some time ago, so she kept the previous results. To our both amazement (she was so intrigued by it that asked me to give her the name of the book) 2 kgs of weight gain is purely lean body mass (muscle). Considering that I didn't go to the gym that often recently it's a very good result. So I don't really worry about the weight anymore. The more LBM the higher metabolic rate - we like that!

So, this is one of the things to consider when you weigh yourself, because you eat more protein on this diet and exercise you tend to increase your muscle which weighs 10 times more than fat (I might be not right, but sounds good though, all in all it's much heavier).

I'm trying to avoid the scales now, just judge my success by the way I look and how my clothes feel.