View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-19-04, 12:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/165/130 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 34%

What a great idea! I got a book called Step Diet. It comes with a pedometer, and you wear it for one week and just take your average number of steps in a day. The idea is to increase the number of steps you do on a daily basis by 500 each week, until you increase your average by 2000 steps a day. (I think the ultimate goal was 10,000 steps a day!)

It is an easy tool to use, and you can walk anytime. A 15 minute walk will usually net you about 500 steps. I really liked the concept, and plan on doing this more faithfully when I can. (Right now I am having problems with my joints, and can't walk consistently enough).. But a lunch walk, parking farther from the stores you shop in, getting off the bus one stop early, are easy ways to get the steps in without having to commit an hour block time a day to excercise.

A good way to get the steps in, is to go to the mall! I walked my mall, and gained an extra 2000 steps in one visit that took me about an hour. Not bad, unless you stop and spend money!

Of course the Step Diet plan suggested you count calories and equate that to steps, but this could easily be done to carbs instead. An extra 2000 steps could get you some extra carbs everyday to "spend".