View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-16-04, 19:44

Plan: self-designed
Stats: 216/189/190 Male tad under 6'
BF:
Progress: 104%

Although this is an old thread I have unearthed I'd like to put in my ha'pence worth.

I've been a low-carber prior to Aitkins coming on the scene. It started around the late 60s early 70s when I first read an article about losing weight on a fat and protein only diet. Over the intervening years I've been on and off it like a yo-yo! I found it a good method in keeping down weight.

Unfortunately, unless there's a longish period between attempts it seems that the body fails to respond to it in the manner it did during the first 2 to 3 attempts. The body seems to have a memory and recognises what's coming and seems to take evasive action.

What I did find was that on each subsequent attempt that it was easier to adopt the diet and it was not accompanied by the side-effects (like constipation) that tended to accompany the earlier attempts.

There is an initial loss of about 7-10 lbs on repeated attempts then the weight loss hits the 'plateau' and it takes ingenuity to break it.

I always feel well when on a fat and protein only diet and the only problem encountered is its unsociable effect where restaurants etc never cater for such severe diets. Here again one has to use a little ingenuity to overcome those problems.