#10   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 20:48

Plan: CALP
Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Portions

Hi Chris

I completely eyeball the portions that I have. On CALP, you don't have to count the carbs you eat, which is such a liberating thing. I try very hard to decide what I'm going to have as my carbs for my Reward Meal ahead of time. That way I can judge if all my portions are approximately the same size. Like tonight, I had a rather good size pork chop so I had a similar helping of spinach and 2 cups of salad. I had already decided ahead of time that I wanted to have some of the cheesecake I made (that really had much fewer carbs than one might think). I cut a piece that was similar in size, weight.. whatever, to the portions of pork chop and spinach I had. I had a cup of coffee and I was done.

Right now, 4 hours later, I'm still feeling fully satisfied, a little thirsty (so I should go and get some water.....which I did ) but pretty pleased with the fact that at this time of night, I'd be going for a big 'ol snack!

I stuck completely on task today and that gives me the stamina to attempt it again tomorrow. It's a one day at a time thing.

I'll be more than glad to help you find whatever answers you need!

Lisa