View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 20:45

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Welcome aboard!

Don't go rushing out and eat 3000 calories right away - unless that is what you normally eat and that is what it takes to make you satisfied on this WOE. The 10x rule doesn't really apply much beyond normal body fat percentages. Beyond that, you need to account for the fact that muscle and other body tissues consume a lot more energy than fat does. If you can estimate your fat percentage, then determine your lean body mass and multiply that by ten. Then add about four hundred. Then, optionally, add two to four calories for every pound of fat.

Presently, I weigh 360 and am consuming about 1800 -2000 calories (which is not too far below off what I was consuming before I started). I plan to stay at about this level until about six weeks and then, if I am not satisfied with the progress, increase by about 500 calories for at least one month. Then decide where to go from there.

I would recommend to do the same. Don't make changes every day or every week. Demand of yourself the commitment to give any alteration at least one month establish whether or not it is working.