#2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 10:44
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 207.5/203/190
BF:
Progress: 26%

Hey Cris

I'm so sorry you are having trouble right not with CALP.
I really do hope that things work out. I have a few questions for you.

Do you have a journal? I don't see one here in the Boot Camp section; maybe you are keeping one at home? I resisted keeping one myself.....but....I finally started one, and I must say, it really does help.

Could you give us an example of exactly what you are eating every day? That may give us a clue to give even more suggestions. It's possible that the LC meals you are eating have hidden carbs in them. I know that for me, I have to keep my LC meals to 5 carbs or less in order to lose. So, when they say to eat lots of salad....I can only eat a small salad at lunch, because, while they only have a small amount of carbs...the lettuce and dressing do add up. IE one day for lunch, I had a decent salad and greeen beans with my protein at lunch. I gained weight that day. The only factor that was different was the increased carbs during my lunch that day.

Another possibility.....there's been lots of people posting on many different LC WOL's that if you don't eat enough, you will not lose. Maybe that's what happened this last week.

Also, keep in mind; you admitted yourself that you overdid your RW the entire first week. So, you have really only been on the diet for one week, not two.

No matter which eating plan you decide to go with to lose, and then maintain weight....you have to go with that WOL full blast!!!
You must follow all of the key points, or it won't work.

As with all diets, this WOL does take a lot of planning. I am spending a LOT of time right now on fitday.com. I plan my meals and have to "add" lots of foods that are not in there. But, this time is paying off. I am having one of those Lipton pasta dishes with my RW today. By plugging in everything I "plan" to eat, I know exactly how much of the pasta I "should" have. Doing it by eye as suggested by the Hellar's is great...but, for me...I want to be more exact. I'm trying to keep the 10x rule in place for the amount of calories you take in. So, I really plan my meals so that I run around 1800-1950 calories/day. IE for today, I haven't eaten dinner yet. But, with what I "think" I'll be eating, I am only at 1650 calories for the day. Part of that is because I slept in and plan on only having 2 meals today. But, if I still feel hungry during my RW meal, I know ahead of time that I can eat a little extra and should still be OK.

Sorry to be so longwinded and talking so much about "me"; but, I have been losing on CALP.....and with that continued planning, I hope to continue with that trend!!!

And...lastly....have you been drinking enough water!!! Another important factor in ANY diet. It's hard.....I feel like I spend WAY too much time in the bathroom....but.....it's a "necessary evil"

Take care, and please keep us posted.