View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-02, 23:40
Registered Member

Plan: None right now
Stats: 150/144/130 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 30%

Wendy, I'm (a young-looking) 49 y.o. and I was 43 when I did Atkins the first time. Like you I'm short, 5'1", and back then I was 132 lbs. more or less (don't remember too well...). My results were amazing: during induction I lost 10 lbs. and I wasn't even doing it right, having 1-2 cups of coffee with non-dairy creamer and aspartame every morning, however, I did aerobics faithfully almost everyday.

Before one month I had gone down to a size 6-7 which I had not worn for quite a few years, more amazing was how the little rolls of fat I had over my hips and back (bra over-hang!) and belly pouch disappeared. Too bad later I listened to the bad rap LC got and went "low-fat" again only to have the weight slowly creep back up on me and more, eventually hitting 145 before I decided to do Atkins again in '98. Now it's an entirely different story but that's because my thyroid slowed down and I also had to contend with diminishing female hormones and I'm on HRT now. So keep your spirits up and stay with us, I'll pray for the situation between you and your husband, so you'll have wisdom in dealing with it.