View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-02, 22:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 345/316/220 Male 6'3
BF:
Progress: 23%

You should count all carbs including eggs. (I think he says all the eggs you want because he doesn't expect anyone to eat more than a dozen eggs in a day.)

I would stay away from the ranch dressing because of the sugar. It may be fine, but on induction I was pretty strict about thatpersonally. I found dressings in the cold section next to the salads that have 1 or 0 carbs and it's not from sugar. Primarily Blue Cheese and a creamy garlic italian was what I found.

Make sure you count the carbs in the cream in your coffee. Also make sure you don't go over the 3 ounce limit. (Dairy products have caused some people to stall on the diet.)

I personally treat the 20 carbs as a maximum, not a minimum. So if I only have 10 carbs that day, it's a bonus.

Your menu for the day sounds fine. I'm not sure what it adds up to with the peppers, etc.. but if your under 20, it sounds great. Double check the sausage as sometimes they have fillers or sugar. I've been looking for a ham that has no carbs, and there's very few. Honey Baked Ham Co.'s ham has 4g a serving. Not sure how it all get's in there.

I'm not sure on the splenda, I don't use sweetners. Sweetners have been said to make some people stall on the diet.

Good luck with it!

Mike