View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-21-01, 15:40

Plan: CKD
Stats: 245/215/130
BF:
Progress:
Default Here you go!

I cut and pasted the artical...but I included the link also.
Hope you enjoy Rosie...if you get it done before me...let me know how it turns out! I REALLY NEED THIS! So I think I'm going to add this to my list of things to be done when I reach my goal! ha!
SMILE,
Lorraine
http://www.click2houston.com/hou/ne...516-210528.html

Get Rid Of Stretch Marks
New Procedure Promises To Smooth Away Stretch Marks
HOUSTON, 12:17 p.m. CDT May 17, 2001 -- Like cellulite and saddlebags, stretch marks are a problem that all women dread.
There may be hope for women whose patience has been stretched by the unsightly marks.
An Israeli doctor developed a process called the Stretch Peel, which works as a chemical peel does for the face.
The treatments require clients to go to a doctor's office for a series of six treatments that cost $750.
The treatment is available at the SanaBella Aesthetic Center where aesthetician Odette Binker-Caballero said that people are embarrassed by stretch marks.
"People are really ashamed to see stretch marks and to show off their body with stretch marks," Binker-Caballero said. "Most of the time when you have stretch marks, it is some place visible."
The treatment requires the area being treated to be washed and then a clear, liquid peel solution is brushed on the stretch marks in several layers.
"You can feel a little burning or tingling sensation, that is the most that you can feel," Binker-Caballero said.
The stretch marks are treated with an electronic buffer, which helps accelerates the process.
"It diminishes the stretch marks, I would say about 90 percent," Binker-Caballero said.
A study in the Archives of Dermatology said that most creams and lotions do little to remove stretch marks.
However items with Retin-A do work if they are applied daily when stretch marks begin to happen.
For more information about the procedure, call (305) 266-0006.