View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-15-02, 21:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/190.5/165 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 27%
Smile Newbie from New Orleans! Hello all !!!

Hello from the Big Easy!

Hi! My name is Jeff and I am a 1st year medical student here in New Orleans, Louisiana. I started the Atkins Induction 3 days ago (2/13/02) for the first time and this is my first official post. I had planned to start in January but decided to wait until Ash Wednesday, the day after Mardi Gras as I'm sure most of you would agree was a good idea! Less temptations!
I just happened to stumble across the site and I am amazed by the advice/support/motivation all of you offer. I have never seen a website with so much useful info. Like I said, today is Day 3 for me I am sure those of you who have visited New Orleans can attest, we have some outrageously delicious food! I know the battle will be long and hard, but I am determined to make it! So far, I have dropped 4 pounds and I am amazed. I am a huge beef/chicken/fish eater, so I think this is the plan for me.
I do have a few questions and would appreciate any/ all advice from you guys (or y'all as we say it here!). There seem to be many experts and I know I'll find my great answers/suggestions.

1. I've seen the posts about diet drinks, sugar-free jello, artificial sweetend products, etc. Why are they so bad? Is it just that they make you feel hungry and sometimes cause headaches? I know they have no carbs, and I was thinking of maybe incorporating 1 diet soda (I'm a huge diet Dr. Pepper fan) a day but don't want to if they will hurt my progress.

2. I am an H20-aholic . I have been literally drinking like a horse (more like Clydesdale). I have gotten a little over 6 liters a day. Is this too much? I really enjoy the water, but need to know if I should cut back. (I drink it slowly and continously throughout the day and I am making trips to the bathroom every 1.5 hours or so...doesn't bother me at all).

3. Constipation has been a problem. I used to have about 2 or 3 bowel movements a day but now have 1 (small) or none. I'm thinking this is just from changing the diet, but let me know if you guys have any suggestions on how to alleviate this problem.

I think that is all for now! I look forward to meeting all of you via the site and hearing back soon. I plan on checking back regularly. I'd like to thank you all in advance for your advice/support and also, thanks again for such a great site!

Truly,
Jeff
Sponsored Links