View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-15-02, 17:40

Plan: My own: clean eating
Stats: 290/139/125 Female 5'5"
BF:no clue!
Progress: 92%
Default Disappointing induction for me

After losing about 60 lbs on Weight Watchers in 2001, and then gaining back about 10 or so over the holidays, I decided that I wanted to try something different from WW. I was tired of buying low-fat everything (it's not required, but you use up all your "points" very quickly if you eat full-fat foods) and I was tired of dealing with points.

When I started the plan (around Jan, '01) I ws nursing my daughter full time and WW is one of the few plans that has a nursing program. I was able to eat a lot of points and lose weight, because nursing burns about 500 cals a day. I never completely stopped losing weight on WW if I followed the plan, I just got bored, and wasn't enjoying the meetings that much. Since I didn't really stall, I don't think I'm "metabolically resistant". But induction has not been that dramatic for me. I'm exercising, doing the program properly, in ketosis, and weight loss hasn't been any greater than it would have been on WW. That's kind of disappointing. And no, I'm not losing a tremendous amount of inches, either. And yes, I drink water like a fiend (always did do that.) We'll see what happens when I weigh in this Sunday, but right now, I wouldn't call induction a dramatic weight loss method. It's pleasant to follow, but I don't know if I'll get to my goal weight doing it. And that's a little disappointing.