View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-15-02, 13:38

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hi there Melanie....

I'd like to share my journal with you. I had a very similiar beginning as you when I first started Atkins. I know how frustrating and depressing it can be when you think that this is just another diet that is going to fail for you.

I was fortunate enough (as you are too) to have found this forum and to have had the support of many people that had been at this longer than me. I couldn't have made it without them. I have learned that every one of us is different in our needs on LC and it takes some time to tweak and adjust to get the best results from our efforts.

DON'T GIVE UP!! It may take you a while for your body to adjust but with persistance and patience, it CAN work for you too. You mentioned that you'd like to be losing 2 pounds a week. Did you know that one pound a week is considered a good and healthy weight loss? Be kind to yourself. What would you be saying if this were a cherished friend you were talking to instead of yourself. You are doing GREAT simply because you have made the choice to do something about your weight. Hang in there and work the plan and the plan will work for you.

Marlaine