#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-15-02, 00:02

Plan: The Zone
Stats: 135/128/120
BF:
Progress: 47%
Unhappy Too much cardio?

Hi.

I'm new here, this is my first post. I've been cutting down on carbs drastically over the last few months, just cutting out bread and pasta which I ate a lot of, but I want to get serious about "low-carbing". I've read The Zone book. I'm going to get my hands on an Atkins diet book soon too.

Anyway... my exercise question. I'm not overweight. I'm technically in a healthy weight range - I'm 5'6/7 and I weight 59 kilos, which is I think 125/130 pounds. My gym and diet goals are to rid myself of my body fat which I have a lot of, to tone up basically. Both me and my friend have been going to the gym for the last 3 months, I've been going almost everyday. The strange thing is that we both notice that instead of real improvements, we both see that we are smaller but flabbier... Ugh!

When I had my fitness assessment, the personal trainer said that I was doing everything right, except too many weights. He said I should only do them 3 times a week, or at most every second day. But he said I could do cardio all I wanted. So most days, I did at least an hour of cardio and every second day I did some weights for 1/2 an hour or 40 minutes or so.

I spoke to an acquaintance of mine who is also a personal trainer and he said that I was probably doing too much cardio and I had started to eat at my muscles, which is why my thighs are smaller, but flabbier...

Is that right?

I did lose about 5 or 6 kilos during my gym regimen, but I'm going to have a rest now and try swimming every day instead, just to change it up a little.

Does anyone have any advice? I'm not so much worried about weight, I just want to lose body fat and tone up. Three months of hard work at the gym and I'm flabbier than before!

I also want to get serious about low-carbing, but that's another thread!
Sponsored Links