View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-14-02, 17:52

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi Wendy. Welcome aboard!

If anything, the LC lifestyle will probably work very well for you. I wouldn't be surprised if you can have quite a few more carbs in your Maintenance Level diet than I will be able to. I say that because a high carb lifestyle has apparently only led to a creeping weight gain and not a ballooning weight gain that so many of us have experienced. This would not be true, of course, if your basic diet was already reasonably low carb or at least low sugar.

With only being on it for two days, you do need to watch out for a couple of common traps that catch a lot of people and derail them prematurely.

First, if you start feeling really bad - struggle through it. It's natural and very temporary. If you've already completed two days you may get lucky and not have any real bad ones during withdrawl - especially if your basic diet was already reasonably low carb or at least low sugar - sounds familiar - and low caffeine.

Second, you can expect pretty slow weight loss - as others have noted. This is what you want. The slower it is, the more likely you will be able to maintain it permanently. But also, don't be discouraged if you go for extended periods of time with little to no loss or even minor gains in weight. That's normal and will pass if you just stay the course.

Again, welcome to the boards and look forward to interacting with you.