View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-01-04, 00:03
Cast Iron Chef

Plan: lc, higher protein
Stats: 170/132/127 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

You might want to check out Hi-Lo cereal - the website is www.organicmilling.com. I've been eating it for a couple of years.

I also do not have a sweet tooth, and this cereal is certainly not sweet. It does not have any artificial sweeteners, although evaporated cane juice is the 9th ingredient - too far down for me to worry about. The taste isn't something I'd climb over obstacles to get at, but I've come to enjoy it. Here's a description of it I wrote in my journal from about a year ago: "hi-lo cereal with unsweetened soy milk and a little cream. 1/2 cup soy milk plus 1 oz. heavy cream tastes remarkably like milk, in my opinion. I kind of like the cereal - it does bear a startling resemblance to slightly sweetened cardboard, but sometimes it seems to do the trick. It's got 6 g fiber and 5 g net carbs."

I don't know where you are, but I've bought it at Whole Foods and Trader Joe's (which has it for 50% less than Whole Foods), as well as Key Food in NYC. Their website does have a store locator.

On edit: I see you've posted this in the Australia/New Zealand area, which I didn't see at first. Sorry about that! (Maybe they'll ship??)