View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Nov-30-04, 15:50

Plan: Drs Bernskins
Stats: 260/232.4/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:lots
Progress: 28%

Hi Fiona!

I can relate to what you wrote! Altho smoking is not an issue for me I became type 2 diabetic after gallstone pancreatitis and was put on the ADA diet and metfomin with horrible results...Ac1 8.5.
Did some research and did doc Berstein faithfully!!! Went from 235 to 167...walked and did yoga as much as physically possible for me as I have fibromyalgia...ran wonderful BS and altho never taken off the metformin ac1 went to 5.6.
Got cocky..went and did alot of binging...I do have ED...went back up to 225 and blood sugars so bad that I refused to let my doc do an A1c...really stupid.
Anyway...I do have a bit of pancreas left but I don't know if I have burned out some of what few beta cells I have left. I have been sticking to doc B again and blood sugars altho lower again are not as low as they were. And I have begun to lose weight again and exercise within my limits...
Recent A1c was 6.1...not the end of the world I know but I am not happy with that.
I am just hanging in with this forum and hope to see the ## eventually improve to where I like them.
Hoping for the best,
nancy