View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Nov-30-04, 08:30
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

Moondanzr I am a lot younger, but we're all women and we all have our "stuff" in the closet that we're somewhat uncomfortable with. Eating+emotional patterns, destructive behaviour etc. I'm glad you started this thread as a safe place to just be open - to talk about what we need to, and to listen without negative judgement. We can all learn from each other.

My husband is German, and his nickname for me is Maus. He says I am like a cute maus.. which is funny because I am definitely not small (5 10"), and do not have a ...well mousy character in the sense that could be imagined at first. Anyway....Heheh I came home last night from school after 11pm and Andy was in bed, like he said he would be. And there was a yellow sticky on the fridge door handle that said "Hi Sexy.... you are not on your way into the fridge are you??? and then there was a picture of a really fat Maus underneath it" It made my night! Of course I was on my way into the fridge to sneak a small bite of something. I always want to eat when I get home from school.

When I was younger (before finding low carb, getting married, and growing up and healing emotionally - ha! in that order) I actually WANTED to be anorexic. I thought that it would be great to be so skinny and actually have to gain weight, and that it wouldn't be an issue if I could at least lose it. But I was too much of a binger, there was no way I could restrict myself from eating. I would have done the purge thing but I don't throw up easily, and it would have taken a lot of effort and pain to actually make myself puke for that first time (I tried enough times).

My husband is pretty skinny. Well, from a climber's standpoint he's fat - because climbers need to see many striations before someone is acceptable, but to a normal American person he's pretty thin. He was not supportive of low carb when I first started dabbling in it, but saw the results and my passion for finding real information - not just believing exactly what a certain book told me, and I won him over. He now trusts that what information I have is pretty accurate and generally comes to me with questions, knowing I can find the answer if I don't have it. Not that he really DOES anything with his diet except tell me he wants meat for dinner lol.

This is getting long.
1) I'm grateful for the little fat Maus picture on the fridge
2) I'm grateful to have gotten wonderful WONDERFUL bodywork at school last night from Frank
3) I'm grateful to be down 7 lbs since Sunday - water yes, but it still makes a size difference and it's fun.