View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 12:38

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 220/205/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Thanks for your reply -- diabetes can be a puzzle sometimes, what I'm dealing with now is my sugars are responding well, but my weight is not moving at all. The doctor has told me the med I am on does cause you to hold fat and we have seen no change in my weight for several months now.

He has wanted to change me from something not making my pancreas pump more insullin to something making me more sensitive to the insullin my body is producing. He says once I begin to lose weight it will make a difference, and I do know that.

That is one reason I'm going to go in and ask to be changed from the glucotrol to the glucophage for a time. I don't think he would think of me not having any meds at this time and I've read a lot about insullin also making you hold fat -- he said there is a newer insullin that doesn't, but I'm needle phobic too.

I am hoping once I start losing weight I can take less and less meds until hopefully I can be med free -- that has always been my goal.

Thanks for the info -- I read everything I get my hands on just to try and get a better understanding of what my body is doing and why -- it is interesting to hear the different things that work for others and to try and see how those work for me.

I do the best when I stay with simple meals, meats, eggs, lots of veggies. I am having some yellow apples with cheese on occasion and some seeds and nuts on occasion.

This way of eating has really helped me with my diabetes and I've read where others have responded so well as to not be on any meds and that is so encouraging to me.

So onward, I go in next week for bloodwork and then the doctor's visit.