View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 04:18

Plan: Curves starting 13/4/04
Stats: 157/142/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 68%
Question Been to doc and recommended to stay off potassium, calcium and magnesium!!!!!

I am wondering what to do now as I went to doc this a.m. and she has suggested that I stay off the "heavy metals" (potassium, calcium and magnesium) as they could do harm especially the potassium.... I am going to the Hospital to have my blood tested and this will probably be next week, and then doc says we can discuss what levels of the "Heavy metals" I can go back on, but she was not happy!!
I did say to her that Dr Atkins and our (this) forum says it is fine, but she said wait for the blood results to come back.
I am mortified for that is what I felt gave me my energy - for being a veggie I found I was terribly awfully tired the whole constant time and reading DANDR and your forum it is suggested that these "heavy metals" would be fine.... Doc's argument that the British are more conservative with the tablet taking and to wait for these blood results!!!
Any suggestions from anyone out there as to should I wait or take Dr Conservative's advice?????
BTW I am taking 500mg magnesium, 800mg calcium and 2x99mg potassium. Thanks in advance for my tummy has dropped in my shoes. I feel as if a lifeline may be taken away from me - yes I know that one shouldn't be dependant on things but ........ help!
Fi
Sponsored Links