#4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-02, 19:59

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Welcome aboard!

Quote:
I'm really happy because I hadn't lost any for a day or two and I was getting a little nervous.

This statement concerns me a bit - I'm afraid you're setting yourself up for some rough times in the very near future. Do not be surprised when your body doesn't lose any weight for many days or even a couple of weeks. You might even gain. This will always be frustrating, but it does NOT mean that you're gaining fat. If you are sticking to the plan you are on you will almost certainly still be losing fat and the scales aren't reflecting it for a variety of reasons from muscle growth to salt intake to water retention as the fat cells empty. Be sure to be taking your measurements regularly (like weekly) and consider those as well. Make yourself the following commitment - you will not even consider getting nervous until you go at least four weeks with neither any weight loss nor measurement loss. Then consider altering your plan in a reasonable and thoughtful way - and you can get lots of good advice both from your plan's book and from these forums.

Again, welcome aboard and best of luck to you.