View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-02, 19:41
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 164/146/125
BF:
Progress: 46%

Thanks Joanne and Rain. It's a little nerve wracking switching plans but I had plateaued so soon with the Atkins and I had some concerns about my body's response to the diet. For example, I did not sleep more than 3 hours per night the entire month I was on Atkins. The other thing was the constipation. Well, now that I'm allowing the carbs at dinner, I've been sleeping like a baby, AND no longer have the constipation problem. The timing of the resolution of these problems is much too coincidental. So, that makes me feel better. It's still too soon to know what will happen with my weight. I'm crossing my fingers. I learned the other night that I should never, ever, ever, eat ice cream as my carb again. Good lord, I did everything I could to not go back a third time. Even the next day, I continued to have the cravings for ice cream. Now, its passed. And I know, I can't ever make that mistake again. I wonder what it is? I didn't have that problem with the cookies I ate one night, or the slice of cheesecake this evening. But the ice cream, I built up a sweat trying to resist it. It was terrible. I am going to move away from the deserts for my carbs anyhow. I will probably do better with a bread or grain of some sort. I just had to get the sweet out of my system I think.
Anyhow, thanks again. Joanne, keep me posted on if you see a weight change. At this time, mine is still plateaued. no gain or loss and its been 5 days on CALP from Atkins. But, that's nothing new. I was plateaued on Atkins for 2 1/2 weeks.