View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Nov-24-04, 11:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 263/241/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:Above Avg.
Progress: 28%

It was the invention of the digital camera that I curse, or praise, whichever the case may be. My 3 year old son, got hold of the camera, which up until that time, was Dads job. Needless to say, I was never in the pictures. Then I started to download, and delete all the pictures of dad. Should have had a wide angle, then I could have seen how big I really was.

I had also been in denial, you don't get overweight overnight. Over the years my pant size started to get bigger, my shirst required an additional "X" as the years progressed. But I was blessed with shoulders that look like I wear shoulder pads, so I was able to hide it from others, with loose clothes. Even though I ran passed the mirror in the mornings, with the light off.

The one thing I have found, is that I'm also in denial of loosing weight as well. I see the scale is moving and over time it has dropped, but I have to do things that remind me that I'm loosing. I want to get to the point where I'm not worried about loosing, it just kinda happens because I have changed my habits and I'm not fighting to avoid things that are not good for me.

I'll be there, and thanks to this forum, I'm making it much easier.