View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-02, 01:41

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 260/260/155 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Jonee,

I try to eat most of my carbs as vegies including broccoli, spinach, fennel, cauliflower and avocados. I limit hard cheese to 1oz a day and cream cheese to 2oz a day. I use the ounce of cheese in a 2 egg omelette with 1/2 avocado or spinach and cooked in butter. For lunch at work I have found that Bumble Bee makes smoked salmon in a tin so I mix that with a little cream cheese. I also eat fennel like you would celery and cut up a fennel bulb to chomp on during mid-afternoon.

I use fitday.com to check the carbs in stuff and how many are fiber. As long as after I subtract the fiber I am still under 20 carbs, this seems to work. I tried cereal and oatmeal (not the packaged kind - those are too full of junk) but it seems that carbs based on starchy stuff just don't work. The only salt I add is a little to my eggs in the morning but I do have lots of spices that I throw into evening stuff or in my crockpot with meat and broth.

This is after a lot of experimenting to see what worked. This is finally something I can live with as opposed to having to work at it all the time.

Good luck. Susan