View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-02, 22:41

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 50%

Flax seed oil has omega 3 fatty acids. And no, I don't remember what they do for you. I've been reading several low-carb books and seeing it recommended in the supplements section of each. Actually I bought an oil blend that has flax seed oil and other oils in it to provide omega 6, omega 9, medium chain triglycerides and GLA. It's something that I've noticed in the journals here of those who real research. It's more for overall good health than for weight loss.

Sounds like your shake mix is an actual shake mix. I've recently been experimenting with protein powder and things to save money. As I remember, Atkins suggests putting that stuff you have in heavy cream and whipping it for mousse. From my experience, I think all these things need an extra dose of cocoa powder. If you add it, you might try to mix it with the shake mix first, before putting it in the cream. Cocoa powder doesn't mix well with liquids unless you first mix it with another powder (traditionally sugar or flour).

I bought some pudding mix from Keto and I don't think you'd be much happier with it than you are with the shake mix. Very gloppy, not thick, and mediocre flavor. Run it through the hidden-carb tool. I'm finding all these low-carb products are higher than the labels say and aren't worth a "cheat".

I was really hoping someone would come along with a great protein shake. Oh well.

Allison