View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-02, 18:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins diet
Stats: 215/206/110
BF:
Progress: 9%
Talking The typical Introduction mixed with questions on the rocks!

Hi there,
My name is Carrie (see: username) I am 25 years old and have been married almost 6 years to the most incredible person I have ever known. Incidentally, we met on the internet. We have two GORGEOUS daughters; Devynn who will be 5 on Wednesday and Grace who will be 2 on April 14th. Surely, you will be seeing pictures of them soon!

I went on the atkins diet after our second daughter was born along with my husband and I lost 45 pounds! I looked great but *I* didn't see it. I was let down that everyone wasn't commenting on how good I looked (Although sometimes people DID say that and apparently that wasn't enough for me) so I went off of it and gained it back...now when I say that I mean I went OFF of it, we are talking nightly ice cream visits here with chocolate cake on the side and even then with my picked up metabolism it took a while to put it all back on. Then...I looked at pictures of me 45 pounds lighter and I felt like I made one of the worst mistakes of my life letting the Atkin's lifestyle slip away...

Recently I was hired on as a 9-1-1 Operator "9-1-1 WHAT is your emergency?" and I start training on March 4th at 7 am sharp! Having been a Stay at Home Mom for so long I don't know what 7 am even looks like much less the 5:30 am it's gonna take to get me to work on time! So I started my diet today and also started the early morning waking up (zzzzzz). We have struggled for years now financially, barely paying bills and rarely having enough food (My husband receives 100% disability from the Military so he will be a SAHD) NOW, this new job of mine makes plenty of money (wha hooo!) and our whole family is in for an entire life change and I thought there is NO better time to make a diet change and so here I am with you!

QUESTIONS: In moderation Cucumbers are "legal," are Dill Pickles also legal?

Artificial Sweeteners...I use Splenda and having used Splenda I lost that 45 pounds. Do you think it's necessary I cut it out this time around?

I have a mid-day CRASH, I just feel exhausted, even after exercising. Any pick me up ideas?

Personally, do you think decaffeinated tea and coffee are ok?

THANKS! I look forward to getting to know everyone!
Sponsored Links