#13   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-02, 14:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Default just a general comment here

Those of us who here ARE affected by the "hidden carbs" in ANY LC products (from diagnosed diabetics through to "dieters only") tend to be angered or disturbed by what are actually (a) very general assumptions that are not true for everyone built into a Nutrition Facts label and (b) a marketing technique that does an end-run around labelling regulations meant to ensure a level playing field and non-deceptive practices.

Those of us who AREN'T affected (yet) or have found the LC products useful as tools tend to defend the bars based on their own personal experience.

I'm here to say that, after 3 years of living low carb and watching the market and the people change somewhat, that the products don't really require either anger or defending, nor do the people using or researching the products and sharing the information here.

Information and knowledge is of benefit to all of us, and this is why we share it here.

It's great that some of you are not affected by "hidden carbs", but it's (to me) more important that those who are or MIGHT be affected have the information available to them, starting HERE and ending with the manufacturers and advertisers, so that health and weight loss (there IS a relationship there, folks) can be promoted as is SUPPOSED to be the purpose of all these products.

My $0.25.

PS: over the last 3+ years of reading and experience, I have seen time and again that when a person initially not affected by these items gets close to goal, as often as not they ARE affected by hidden carbs and sugar alcohols at that time and stalls or plateaus. This information would then help that person, would it not?
PPS: don't make the assumption that "we" are here to diet only, have a look at the Technical and Health Support forums!