#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-02, 13:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 261/238/140
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default So Where Else Can I Vent?

Just a little vent.....

I've been really impressed with mom since I started this WOE. Normally she sabotages my diet efforts (by buying me something I like and then getting really upset if I try to decline, cooking special food, the general guilt-trip thing). This time she's been really supportive and has told me how impressed she is with my ability to stay on plan. I haven't cheated once.

So why am I venting? She bought me some pants in a style I really liked. She got them in a 3x. I no longer wear a 3x, and she knows this, because we went shopping and she had demonstrable evidence that the 3x was too big. So I tried on the pants she bought, and they looked ridiculous. She says, "maybe if we took them in here... and here, and here".

Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose, then? I said that I'd really like the pants, in a smaller size. But no, she's afraid they'll be too small. I don't mind wearing my OLD clothes and having them be baggy, but it's some psychological thing that I don't want to buy baggy NEW clothes.

Argh.... I know I'm being petty, but it feels like she's telling me that she doesn't think I can keep the weight off. Someone please tell me you can relate! I feel like my "Mom Button" has just been pushed.....
Sponsored Links