View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-02, 07:47

Plan: my own
Stats: 0/0/0
BF:
Progress: 34%

Thanks for the tip, Andy...

I also think that it is actually better to do completely without. I can't say that I have significantly wanted sweets or sugar, but I tend to consume probably more fruit than other WOE. I never was a dessert craver before, I must admit. I did always have two sugars in my tea and liked lots of unsweetened juice and the occassional soft drink which I found a bit difficult at first, but I began to make changes for the better. I switched from PG Tips to fine quality jasmine and green teas without sweetners (it was easy to do this as I had no ongoing 'reference point' of how it was 'supposed to taste'-- started enjoying the pleasant bitterness and delicate flavours of the teas and green tea has loads of anti-oxidants (comes in caf & de-caf). I still drink fruit juices, but only a measured amount rather than bottles of it and instead have replaced it with liters of water. Soft drinks was a puzzle at first. Some foods didn't seem to taste right or I just wanted that kick of fizzy... that 'reference point' again. I had drunk fizzy waters, but didn't think to much for them until I discovered San Pellegrino which contains such a high mineral quotient that it gave that omph that I wanted. I came out with different preferences for healthier alternatives. Imagine that!
My advice to anyone is to experiment with your taste buds and you may find similar results.

BUT, sometimes I would like to have a choice! I am sure that some time in the future I would like to make a dessert. Sweetners make my throat close up so I was wanting a less deadly alternative (sugar or blockage of oxygen.... hmmmm...) hee-hee!