Old Thu, Nov-18-04, 09:42
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dada21
I was always skinny as a kid (always heard "you should eat more"). Then at 25 I gained everything I should have gained over my life, in about 6 months

A sugar high isn't like a caffeine or nicotine high (yes I do both) at all. Instead its more of a feeling of strong energy followed by the knowledge that you can just continue eating. It is so subtle that it makes complete sense to me why people can binge-eat: you feel like you can't stop and don't want to stop.

The carb crash comes so quickly afterwards, though. 30 minutes of cloud 9, 2 hours of being tired. The last time I had a "normal" pizza or whatever I had the sugar high and carb crash so fast that it amazed me -- and caused me to realize that my WOE is the only one for me.

I see... so it's subtle feeling of high activity and it encourages over eating?
Maybe that's why I ate so much?

My memories of sugar involve feeling starving all the time, eating all the time and never feeling satisfied, depression, occasional tooth & head aches, moodiness, feeling scared to be away from food because I might "get those feelings" (what i now realize was probably a sugar crash)... my intake of food was limited only by its availability, my hunger and satiety signals didn't work at all. I mean, physically I could feel stuffed, but the signals which connected that feeling with fullness just didn't work. Oh yea, and lets not forget the PCOS symptoms either. I was infertile.

My endocrine system was a muddy swamp.

The only sensation I can connect to what might be a sugar high is this feeling... hard to explain I wouldn't call it high energy, but it felt like I was taking in a lot of oxygen. A rush, not of energy (I never felt energetic) but of sensation. It felt "too much". I had forgotten it, but I remembered it when I tasted brownies (I connected the taste to that feeling).