Old Wed, Nov-17-04, 21:29
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dada21
I run a store that caters half to kids and half to adults. Most of the kids we sell to are quite athletic, but they gorge out on pizza (the local joints have $5 pizzas right after school), burgers with 3 buns (!!!), and a ton of fries. All of them say the same thing I said when I was a teen: "I can eat all I want and not gain a pound." Unfortunately, I learned at the age of 25 that things can change, over night. I try to tell them that the reason they feel so tired after gulping down a pizza is a carb crash, but I guess we all made that mistake.

You can't blame them -- would you rather have a $5 pizza with an energy rush, or a $7 dinner with meat and some veggies?

Not to side track the thread... but I'm jealous of all those kids who ate $5 pizzas and burgers with 3 buns and fries and never gained weight and got a sugar rush from it .
I was born with the metabolism of a 35 year old
Never got to enjoy sugar rushes, never got to enjoy good metabolism... went straight to lethargy, PCOS, hypoglycemia ravenous hunger and obesity in the teens.
My cousin is like that, though. Tall and willowy, she can out eat anyone and nothing bad happens... no ravenous hunger and shakiness after, seemlessly eats a normal amount of food to compensate later, etc. So so lucky. If only I could know what freedom and fun that must feel like .