Old Sun, Feb-10-02, 20:37
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 207.5/203/190
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default I haven't switched from Atkin's to CALP;

But, I have been on both programs.

I lost on Atkin's, but could not make it a permanent WOL; so I subsequently (like all other diets I've been on), gained the weight back...and then some.

I am enjoying CALP, because once a day; I can indulge in some of those items that are not allowed on other diets. I love the fact no single food is off limits! You CAN have an appropriate sized serving of anything you want.

You do need to read the entire book; and get the meal ratios right. The weight may come off slower than on Atkins, but, it will come off if you follow the plan. And, the thing that makes it work so well for me; if you do the planning, you never have to "break" the diet; you truly can have the foods that you want.

And on CALP, I don't find the need to use many artificial sweeteners which can cause stalls on any low carb WOL; because, I know I can fulfill my "sweet tooth" at my Reward Meal every day.

The last time I was on Atkin's; I heard about CAD, but I worried about the cravings, and being able to control eating carbs only once a day. But, I don't have them on CALP. For me, I think it is because I don't use the AS to make low carb desserts for snacks or with lunch. They would set off enough of an insulin release in me that I had cravings on Atkin's that I don't have now.

Good luck, and keep us posted.